Friday, May 21, 2010

Are You Influenced by Television Ads?

As a follow-up to the previous post on dark chocolates, lately, the barcode scanner ad from KitKat has resurfaced and it cracks me up everytime.

Is there any advert on tv that does the same to you? I remember someone mentioned about one tv ad, the lady with the pink hair. That one makes me laugh too. There's another one where the little girl keeps on asking "What you doing?" Seen that one? Cute, eh? Do you have a favourite tv ad?

See, I'm so bad with remembering tv ads. There was one time in a shopping complex I was asked to join an ad survey. I was asked to watch a series of commercials on tv and name the ads (company or product) shown. I could name only a few which clearly in a way shows that tv ads somehow don't influence my shopping. Not sure if this is good or bad though. What about you? Are you easily influenced by ads?

3 comments:

  1. It depends what kind of ad it is. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like DIGI ads.

    Sometimes I watched an interesting ad but didn't know what brand that was being advertised!

    And no, I am not easily influenced by TV ads : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. T, true. For me, ads only serve as awareness that a product exists not for it to influence buying.

    Foong, DIGI ads? The yellow blubber men? Oops! hehe.. Yes, their ads are entertaining and effective. Coke and Pepsi ads are good too. I think ads that run for more than a minute are more effective but they are costly for the advertiser.

    ReplyDelete