Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cameron Diaz

What attracts you to see a movie? Is it the cast, the script, the wardrobe?

I think for most of us, the cast is what draws us, at least it is for me. It will be difficult to get me to see a movie if I do not fancy the cast. Strange that I think I will enjoy the movie if the cast is who I fancy. My thinking is, if the cast is good, it would only stand to reason that the script or storyline would be equally so but it is not always the case, of course.

Based on the assumption that good cast equals good movie, it is little wonder that some actors/actresses get paid so much more than the others.

Cameron Diaz is on my favourites list - Something about Mary and My Best Friend's Wedding come to mind. My other favourites are Meg Ryan, Cate Blanchett, Diane Keaton, Julia Roberts, Eric Roberts - (did you know they are siblings?), Robert Downey Jr., Tom Hanks, Samuel L Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Keanu Reeves, Nicholas Cage, John Travolta to name just a few.

I came across a gallery on Cameron Diaz. Thought I'd post a few of the better shots or rather my favourites from the collection.

Who are your favourite actors and actresses?








Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher attend the premiere of their film "What Happens in Vegas" in Westwood, Calif., on May 1, 2008.

This sounds like a good movie. Think I need to hit the store to get a hold of it.











11 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:32 PM

    I love that dress in photo#1 but I am not a big fan. I enjoyed Something About Mary though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I like the print in the last picture. In fact, there is something I like in every one of these pictures. I like the contrasting yellow lining in the top picture; the turquoise beret in the second, the third reminds me of myself - this is very me at work. The red dress is pretty and the tights and the leather jacket, nice. Clothes are to die for! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:28 PM

    My favourite celebs of all time has got to be Meryl Streep. She carries such poise and grace. An amazing actress! Love love love her in every single movie she's done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, of course! The Devil Wears Prada! I love her soft tone of voice, so effortless yet can be so impactful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:24 AM

    Cameron is a cutie!! So are you.. Hugs from Bangkok.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love Cameron Diaz too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cameron Diaz is ok, but not exceptional. I like Meg Ryan - she can act very naturally and she's very good in romantic movies. When she teamed up with my other favourite actor, Tom Hanks in You've Got Mail, it's really excellent! I've watched that movie three times!
    I also like Cate Blanchett - she's a very good actress and can slip into many different characters easily and convincingly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LB, I don't know why but you made me cry. I miss you already! Have a pleasant trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mockingbird, yay!!

    Foong, I love You've Got Mail too, and Meg Ryan, of course. Cameron has a different kind of attraction, a certain sweet goofiness in her roles that is rather endearing. Hear her sing karaoke in My Best Friend's Wedding which is sure to have you in stitches and squirm at the same time. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. she has got class & character :) and its interesting to note u see films on stars haha. i usually go for scripts instead. cant think of any closest whom i would go watch.... closest maybe michelle yeoh - but then again, not all her movies if i think its weak.

    ReplyDelete
  11. QC, a bit biased perhaps, eh? But of course not entirely based on the cast though I would like to believe that the cast would sort of give an assurance of a worthwhile movie. My sentiments, of course.

    ReplyDelete